Bob Brisley was born in Los Angeles. His family then moved to the Verde Valley and subsequently to Douglas, Arizona, where he finished high school. In 1948 he attended the Dale Nicholas School of Art in Tubac with Hal Empie, Al Romo, and other noted young Arizona artists.
He attended the Cleveland Art Institute where he earned the “Raint Scholarship” to study art in Europe, notably France and Spain. He returned to Cleveland and later moved back to Arizona where he continued his distinguished career as a painter.
His works can be found at the Cleveland Museum of Art as well as many private collections. He had a one man show at the Phoenix Museum of Art, and was represented in galleries in Cleveland, New York City, and California. Although retired for several years, he continues to paint every day.
- Modern American Family – 48″ x 56″ Oil on Canvas
- YMCA – 22″ x 22″ Oil on Canvas
- Wishes – 26″ x 26″ Oil on Canvas
- Secret – 24″ x 22″ Oil on Canvas
- Five Minutes Ago – 20″ x 22″ Oil on Canvas
- Rock Star – 24″ x 24″ Oil on Canvas
- Black Cat Café – 24″ X 26″ Oil on Canvas
- Boy – 22″ x 22″ Oil on Canvas